Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Why did the Moose cross the road?


I had my first real Alaskan experience today. While on my way to the library (which is in the middle of Anchorage, which is the biggest city in Alaska mind you) I was driving past a grove of trees just beginning to bud when out comes running this moose straight towards my car. The car we rented is not big by any means, and so I don't think I would have been the one to walk away unscathed in this kind of a collision. Luckily it was just trying to play chicken with me and I won so it stopped and I drove on. Cars behind me stopped and the moose criss-crossed its way across the street to the other side of the park. Was I scared? No, more amused than anything. I couldn't help but think, "Only in Alaska". I guess on some roads they have signs with a Year to Date moose kill count and already it is around 300 and the year is not even half over. Wow!

2 comments:

  1. Those idiot meese, don't they have any sense? Well I'm glad it was just a close call. I miss you already, so post some pictures of you guys and the beautiful surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MarBar!! I'm so glad you have a blog now!! I miss you tons! You really need to get a web cam so we can talk online.

    ReplyDelete