The Alaska Zoo very different from any I've ever visited before. For starters, it's in the middle of the woods and you are constantly surrounded by trees while walking on a dirt path. They don't have exotic animals like elephants and giraffes. Instead they fill their zoo with animals indigenous to the surrounding area. So, we got to see a lot of bears, some moose, wolverines and even bald eagles, among other things (I guess they did have a tiger). My favorite would definitely have to be the stir-crazy wolverineand the polar bears. The wolverine was doing laps around its cage (which wasn't all that small) the whole time we were at the zoo. Apparently they are really smart too and will set traps in the snow for their prey. It definately gave me more respect for Jenna's mascot and team name. The polar bears were huge and very playful! Peyton was very curious to see all the animals and kept growling at the bears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like the animal hat picture.
ReplyDeleteI'm still jealous of any child that has more hair than Camie. So cute. I wish I could pull Camie's hair back with a cute little clip, too. Maybe someday....