Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Autumn has come...














































I am so happy to announce that our little girl finally got here. I guess I shouldn't complain because she was 8 days early, but those last few weeks seemed to take forever. She arrived on March 11th at 11am after being in labor for 8 hours weighing in at 7lbs 13 oz and 20 inches long. All in all it was a great experience and she has been a wonderful baby.
When she came out and I got a good look at her hair I realized we had another red head. Honestly, what are the odds? Pretty much all the names I had visualized went down the toilet because I pictured them on a blonde or brunette. The one left standing was Autumn. It's kind of funny because a few months after I had Peyton and realized she was a red head I kind of kicked myself for not naming her Autumn because I thought it was the cutest name for a little red-headed girl. So, it was a name that has been on the back burner because I honestly didn't think I would have any more red-heads. Cory is thrilled, because he loves the name and really didn't like any of the other ones I had chosen. Peyton can now say her name pretty well, but in the beginning she put a "b" on the front of it, resulting in "Bottom". What made it worse is that she would walk around saying, "My Bottom!" I almost changed the name on the birth certificate right then and there, but then after working with Peyton for a little bit, we got her to drop the "b". Thank heavens!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Marcie, she is totally beautiful! I love that name, too, it goes perfectly with her! I'm so glad everything went smoothly, and I hope the transition from 1 to 2 is going great for you guys. I bet Peyton is just loving her up! That's such a cute pic of them 2. I wish I had better pics of Camie with newborn Luke, but oh well. Make sure to sleep when both the kids are sleeping at the same time (and hopefully that will happen often!!)-that's the only way I survived. Great job, she's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute! I can't wait to see her in a month and a half. I love the name Autumn too! I'm glad everything went well and you got your 2nd healthy beautiful little girl. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcie she is adorable! I am glad that all went well and that she came early! I love the picture of Peyton holding her! Too Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete